PINE RIDGE DUDE RANCH
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Barn Manager
Pine Ridge Dude Ranch, located in Ulster County NY, is a 150-acre resort dude ranch offering an authentic western riding experience for our guests. We are looking for a Barn Manager with a passion and extensive knowledge of horses in a western trail riding environment. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter that is capable of being a leader in the organization. It is essential to have a strong risk analysis skill set, attention to detail, strong communication and customer service skills. The barn manager has several key responsibilities, most importantly maintaining the health of the horses and to ensure a higher standard of safety for the guests and staff. Must be responsible, professional, reliable, independent, have good people skills and be experienced with handling all types of horses.
The candidate must be well versed in all aspects of horse care. He/she should be able to give clear instructions to staff and guests alike. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced Western rider & advanced horsemanship skills
- Able to identify and treat equine medical issues – lameness, colic, etc.
- Throughout understanding of horses, safe handling of horses and assigning horse/rider matchups
- Supervise the staff’s interaction with the horses & guests
- Ensure a higher standard of safety at all times
- Grooming, feeding, tacking (ensure proper saddle & bridal fittings)
- Mounting & dismounting guests
- Leading rides, making sure ride coverage is adequate
- Provide horse related training to staff and riding instruction to guests
- Evaluate horses to determine which ones are good for beginners, kids, etc
- Provide an authentic western experience for the guests
- Evaluate rider competency and provide rider instruction
- Promote our love for horses and develop new programs for guests to enjoy
- This is a role that is the face of our business, clean, professional western dress code required
- Interact with guests, prevent problems when possible and resolve any complaints
- Answer guest questions and provide excellent customer service
- Responsible for all aspects of the barn and operations
- Develop staff schedules to ensure company objectives are met
- Risk analysis
- Scheduling for staff and operations
- Inventory of medical supplies and feed
- Herd management
- Pasture management
- Review, develop and enforce policies & procedures
- Maintain a checklist system to confirm all barn chores are completed properly
- Ensure staff in wearing the required uniforms
- Motivate employees and keep morale high
- Develop content for social media (photos, videos, etc.)
- Hire, train, terminate barn staff as needed.
- Educate and provide on the job training to staff in all areas of horsemanship
- Facility Management & Barn & Trail Maintenance
- Follow direction from senior ranch management and ensure company policies are followed
- Provide all-around care to our herd of over 50+ horses, petting zoo goats and cow and chickens.
- Operate in a profitable fashion without sacrificing horse care or guest experience
· Previous experience working in a leadership role in an equine environment
· Expert level riding ability at WTC
· Strong Teamwork Skills and Positive Attitude
· Ability to multitask and accomplish daily tasks in a timely manner.
· Excellent Customer Service skills
· Commitment to safety at all times
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs daily
· Must be dependable, reliable and on time with a flexible schedule. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
· Tractor Driving experience a strong plus
· Advanced level western rider
· 3 years of management experience in a trail riding facility or related facility
· Superior Customer Service
· Knowledge of equine medical conditions and how to provide medical treatment.
· Serious inquires only