compensation: Compensation based on skill and experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Now Hiring Personal Trainers at NYSC Dobbs Ferry
Have a passion for fitness? Want to help others improve their lives through exercise? If so, we’d love to meet you!
We are looking to add to our team of highly qualified Personal Trainers at the Dobbs Ferry, NY location. So bring your leadership and drive to a forerunner in the fitness industry. Apply online or in person.
New York Sports Clubs is a branch of Town Sports International (TSI)-the largest gym chain in the Northeast region with over 180 locations spanning numerous markets including California, Florida and Puerto Rico. We operate under our local brands of New York Sports Clubs, Boston Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs, Palm Beach Sports Clubs, Lucille Roberts, TMPL Gyms, Total Woman Gym + Spa, and LIV Fitness. Internationally, we operate three clubs in Basel and Zurich Switzerland.
The Personal Trainer (PT) position contributes to the organization’s success by promoting the club and company, introducing clients to the joys of fitness and helping to maintain a positive experience for improved member retention. As the “Ambassador of NYSC’s Brand Experience,” the Personal Trainer is required to model and promote the organization’s mission and fitness vision by engaging in opportunities to positively interact with members and grow the personal training business. This position reports directly to the Fitness Manager.
• A desire to transform lives through educating members on health and wellness topics.
• Understanding the principles of physical fitness and proper exercise technique
• Possesses excellent customer service skills
• Possesses the desire to improve sales skills
• An ability to self promote and network
• An ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
• An ability to operate and adjust fitness equipment
• National PT certification required
• Past personal training experience preferred
• Perform fitness assessments and training sessions
• Maintain and build client base
• Maintain high customer service levels
• Attend training and seminars in house and out
• Maintain gym floor-including re-racking weight of 45 pounds
• Maintain fitness office and all other common areas
• Maintain electronic schedule 2-4 weeks in advance
• Other duties as assigned
Team members receive:
Competitive pay, bi-weekly bonus opportunities, 401K, medical, dental and vision coverage
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers