compensation: $15 to $20 per Hour
employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Shipping Lead receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions. The shipping and receiving lead position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
2. Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
3. Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
4. Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, and color or product code.
5. File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
6. Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
7. Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
8. Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
9. Open bales, crates and other containers.
10. Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program
11. Assist in counting of physical invent
12. Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standard
13. May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
14. Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other department
15. Prepare parcels for mailing
16. Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all time
17. Wear the proper safety equipment.
18. Crating and safe packing using drill gun
19. Full working knowledge of all shipping and receiving software (FedEx, DHL, UPS, and USPS)
20. Prepare and execute all outbound shipments, including paperwork, scheduling of trucks/transportation, and secure packaging of all goods to be shipped, for both domestic and international destination
21. Complete all required system transactions in company computer software for inbound, outbound, and receiving transaction
22. Establish physical locations in the warehouse and corresponding locations in company computer system, as needed for new and/or parts transferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
Minimum three (3) years experience in shipping/receiving/warehouse.
Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn Company-specific systems.
Familiarity with electronic office and business equipment.
Excellent communication skills, including written and interpersonal.
Ability to ask for help when needed, and willingness to learn.
Confidence and professionalism in representing the Company.
Willingness to be a team player, and take direction from management.
Must be self-directed and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Promotes and practices leadership.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid drivers license
Able to demonstrate complete understanding of receiving system
Able to keep neat, organized, and undamaged
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk or stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; lift and carry; and push and pull. The employee is occasionally required to sit; and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or able to move heavier items with hand trucks, dollies, carts or other material handling equipment.