compensation: WJCNY offers a generous comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, paid sick and vacation time, and retirement savings contributions. Competitive salary is commensurate with experience. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Worker Justice Center of New York, Inc. (WJCNY), founded in 1981, is a legal services, community empowerment, and advocacy organization dedicated to worker’s rights, with a focus on agricultural and low wage workers. With offices in Kingston, Westchester, and Rochester, we annually serve over 5000 workers statewide.
WJCNY is currently seeking a Development Director to oversee donor relations and manage our fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our non-profit’s fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, foundation relationships and grant writing, and major gifts. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns. This is a management level position.
This position can be based in our Kingston or Westchester office. The development director will be expected to occasionally travel to other parts of New York State.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop and oversee our annual fundraising program
• Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
• Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
• Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders
• Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions
• Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with our communications staff
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field, or equivalent life/professional experience
• Prior nonprofit fundraising experience
• Social justice or political work experience a strong plus
• Spanish language abilities a strong plus
• Foundation relationship and grant writing experience
• Familiarity with online platforms and resources related to donor communications
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Please send resume and letter of interest to Lauren Deutsch, firstname.lastname@example.org
WJCNY is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities