Apply via Local Job Network
QR Code Link to This Post
Gateway Community Industries, Inc., founded in 1957, is a leader in providing vocational, therapeutic, residential and business services in the Hudson Valley for individuals with mental/physical disabilities and/or economic disadvantages.
We are looking for an energetic professional to partner across the agency as a generalist. The Manager must be effective at formulating strong partnerships across the agency to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
Responsibilities include implementing and coordinating activities related to policies and programs covering several of the following: employment, wage and salary information, training, placement, recruiting, and benefits. Support employee relation activities, provide assistance, advice, assistance and follow up on company policies, procedures, and documentation. Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquires. Identifies trends issues and recommends course of action. Other areas include performance management, benefits, leaves, disability, recognition, training, organizational development, communication and coaching.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business or related field required
• PHR or SHRM Certification desired
• Minimum 3+ years human resources experience, with at least 1 year of generalist experience preferred.
• Excellent technology skills and HRIS Experience
• Proven ability to effectively influence, build trust, communicate and connect with all employees at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to demonstrate complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
• Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to quickly adapt to change in the work environment.
• Strong conflict management skills.
• Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including benefit and compensation practices, organization diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management and federal & state employment laws.